Unbelievably, we’re about to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Dew Aesthetics.
Over the years we’ve met so many lovely people and are just as thrilled today to help so many clients rejuvenate their skin through our facial aesthetic treatments as we were back then.
Of course, we’re not saying we’re perfect when it comes to doing all these ourselves, but with one for each of our 10 years we’ve come up with 10 top tips to help you look after your skin – especially number 10!
Dew Aesthetics’ 10 top tips for facial skin care:
- Follow a cleanse, tone, and moisturise routine that suits your skin type and budget. Because we all have different facial skin, different routines will work better for different individuals, so take the time to find out what works best for you. Your cleanser washes away oil, dirt, and make-up, your toner comes immediately after cleansing to replenish and soothe, and crucially, your moisturiser keeps your skin hydrated and nourished. If you like, you can add gentle exfoliation to your regime.
- Wash with water that’s cool or lukewarm, not too hot. Hot water can strip away the natural oils your skin needs, and it can make the small blood vessels in your face dilate causing redness.
- Make sure that you moisturise morning and night. Moisturising in the morning helps protect your face throughout the day, especially if it contains SPF, and gives you a base for make-up. A night moisturiser can help repair and nourish the skin as it is often richer and can contain ingredients intended to do just that.
- Remove make-up before you go to bed. We’ve all been tempted not to, but if you don’t, you won’t remove the make-up itself or the dirt and oil that has accumulated throughout the day. This can contribute to skin break outs, a dull, tired looking complexion, and can stop your night-time products from working properly. Not to mention the pillowcase…
- Apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 to your face every morning as part of your routine. It’s one of the best and easiest ways to help protect your skin against premature aging. If you can, reapply it every couple of hours throughout the day.
- Regularly clean and dry make-up brushes and applicators. You know why! Dirt and bacteria inevitably accumulate on them over time, and if they’re not cleaned regularly, that dirt and bacteria can be transferred to the face, contributing to the very problems you’re trying to avoid.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet with lots of fruit and veg. The antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in fruit and veg. help protect the skin from cell damage and support optimal skin health, function, and therefore appearance.
- Drink enough water. Whilst the scientific evidence that drinking more water improves complexion might be limited, it can help skin’s overall tone. Avoid becoming dehydrated as getting enough water is important for our general health which includes our biggest organ – the skin.
- Try to get plenty of sleep. When we sleep at night, cell turnover and collagen production increases which helps the skin look plumper, fresher, and can limit wrinkles.
- Make an appointment to come and see us at Dew. Sometimes, despite our best intentions, our skin doesn’t look quite how we’d like and needs a bit more attention than we can give it at home, so why not treat yourself?